1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Very Fast Creation??

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Max, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Max

Max Grasping at Clouds

System/Host:
    Peregrine Pack
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Is it normal to be able to fully impose and converse with a tulpa within minutes of creation? Should I assume it's an imaginary friend and not actually sapient/separate from myself? I'm having a hard time believing it would be that easy.

[Insert obligatory "I'm just asking for a friend, haha."]

2. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    What do you mean by "fully impose"? Are you talking about full sensory imposition, or complete presence imposition? Or visualization?

Regarding conversation, it would be surprising for someone who has had no prior experience in tulpamancy, or tulpamancy-related activities such as writing and role-playing. For someone who does, it is not surprising.

Overall, apply the duck rule--if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is safe to either assume it is a duck or treat it like a duck.

3. Max

Max Grasping at Clouds

System/Host:
    Peregrine Pack
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Okay, I see. I don't understand the difference between those types of imposition, especially sensory versus presence.
    If this is a tulpa, then it'd be my eighth, so I guess it's unsurprising. I was just really caught off guard by how easy it was.
    Thank you!

4. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] @Falah put it pretty well. It can happen for some people, but those people almost always have been doing tulpamancy, hard core daydreaming, writing, etc. But not always.

And most importantly, whether they are sentient or not is not that relevant in some ways at this stage. One should treat them as a person. If they are sentient, that is common decency. If they aren't sentient yet, this will speed them on their way to sentience.

For what it is worth, we accidentally made an object proto-tulpa from just a scattering of forcing like activities over a month, and Hail made a vocal proto-tulpa on accident in a couple minutes (though it took her quite a while to be very independent and establish an identity).

5. KaynanK

KaynanK New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    All of my tulpas after the first were vocal pretty much instantly, though, as Tri said, it took most of them a while to establish a proper identity.

6. Rain

Rain Administrator

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    In essence, imposition refers only to physically sensing a systemmate in the physical world. You have a very strong sense that they are there, to the point that your physical senses are affected.

Under this context, visual imposition is easy to describe. It is essentially seeing a systemmate in the physical world just as you would see a physical individual in the physical world. Presence... is not so simple to describe. It is the sense that someone is present in physical space, even if you cannot sense them. For example, if a friend was to walk into your room, and you turned away from them--even if you can no longer see them, and they are not making a sound or touching you, you will still know that they are there. Generating that knowing for someone who is not physically there is the essence of presence imposition.

I do hope that helps.

7. Max

Max Grasping at Clouds

System/Host:
    Peregrine Pack
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    @Rain Yes that does help! Full sensory imposition is easy for me, but I think that presence imposition might take some time, along with, uh, fleshing out his personality, so to speak. Okay okay everything is cleared up, then. I won't worry so much!