Various questions

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by ghostkid, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ghostkid

ghostkid New Member Tulpamancy System

Question about possession and switching

I think the idea of having my own tulpa is cool and all and i think the idea of possession and switching is cool but i have some concerns.But what about my religion?I was baptized methodist and think it might make my parents mad.Or it might open doors up to demonic possession from demons.When i hear of tulpas taking possession of someone or someone switching with a tulpa it kind of sounds like what mediums do.And in the bible it says it's not good to do what mediums do.How is this different then mediumship?

Also i don't like the word host.That what parasites do.And the word tulpamancy.Sounds almost like the word necromancy.

Can tulpas help with mediation and lucid dreaming? Yes or no?I have asked this on another tulpa site and got good answers.But i want additional feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  2. Nonstop

Nonstop many small horses in a trench coat Tulpamancy System Is a systemmate

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    You don't really need to tell your parents. You don't need to tell anyone you wouldn't feel comfortable telling - a tulpa is something personal, and if you're worried about others judging you for it, you don't have to tell a single soul.

Tulpas are not the same thing as demons. Possession is typically agreed-upon by systemmates or consented to; Conti usually will ask me if he would like to engage in some form of merging/eclipsing/possession and we actively go into a state of mind to engage it. Remember that a tulpa is a close friend who shares your body and mind with you, while a demon is an outside entity trying to get it. It's like living in the house with someone who wants to spend time with you vs. a stranger asking to come into your house. I think that may help.

You don't have to call yourself a host if you don't want to, but it isn't only used for parasites! If you throw a party, then technically you are the host of the party, right? But there's lots of other terms, like core or original, and you can just refer to yourself by name as well - no need for a stand-in noun! Tulpamancy as a word is also similar to concepts like pyromancy (fire control). It doesn't have anything to do with necromancy, but if it helps, you can refer to it as "making tulpas" or a "tulpa system" instead.

I can't answer for meditation, but I sure can answer for lucid dreaming. I've always been able to lucid dream, but it was hard to wrangle control during a dream if it started to delve into nightmare territory. With Conti actively dreaming with me, beside me, we're able to stop nightmares from happening, as he has an exceptional amount of control over the mindscape, and can edit dreams to stop them from becoming negative. So yes, I feel that it has helped me!

3. ghostkid

A question about tulpas and split personalities

If you have tulpas and split personalities will they fight each other?I am asking this completely hypothetically.

2.Has this ever happened to you?

I was in the shower with my eyes closed and i think i saw my tulpa in my wonderland(my wonderland is the darkness behind my eyes).And i think i saw my tulpa look me in the eyes(she is a girl and is the same age as me)And she quickly closed her eyes knowing i was in the shower.Has this ever happened to you?

I liked this experience because i saw my tulpa was giving me privacy.

How do you get your tulpa to come to you when they leave

I have a girl tulpa named becky.(i asked her what she wanted her name to be).And today i don't see her in my wonderland.How do i call her back?Also i finally made a tulpa through lucid dreaming.And that is how becky was made.
    Can i use my lucid dreaming to call her back?

4. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Ice] Most don't. Some do. Just as most tulpas don't fight with each other, but some do. Just as most alters don't fight with each other, but some do. For complicated reasons, rates can differ, but as a general rule of thumb, they don't. People, whether tulpas, alters, hosts, whatnot generally don't fight each other unless they without some reason, whether it be a good reason or a terrible reason.

Never had this experience.

Depends on the system and the people involved how you would. For some, you have to direct some mentalese/tulpish/thoughts/whatever at the other to call them (note, as with anyone, they may or may not respond). For some, what you propose with lucid dreaming works. For others, they have to track each other down in wonderland and call each other out. For some, there are communication devices or services (e.g. post) in wonderland that can be used. Depends. Figure out what works.

5. ghostkid

Will having a tulpa help me with my mind?

I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.And having an anxiety disorder too.Will having a tulpa help with my problem?

Can tulpas help with out of body stuff?Also if you leave your body can your tulpa take control for you?
    For a day?

6. The Quandary

The Quandary Colors and Contrast Administrator Moderator Mixed-Origin System

[Cassius] (Quick note - I've merged these threads together since one of them was stated to be for miscellaneous questions, but if you feel they should be separate, let us know.)