Tulpamancers at Wild Parties

Discussion in 'Tulpamancy Discussion' started by Melian, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Melian

Melian The Girl from a Dream Median System Is a median facet

System/Host:
    Mistgod
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    It is really easy to arrange a large and entertaining party. Invite just two or three of your tulpamancer buddies who each have more than one tulpa. Instant party. Better yet, you only have to feed the real world peeps, not the tulpa peeps. Then you can play board games and switch or possess for the tulpa turns.

Could a tulpa cheat at a board game with their host?

Is the host more likely to catch his or her tulpa cheating?

If the host drinks alcohol and gets tipsy at the party, will it affect his or her tulpas too and will everyone be drunk or could the sober tulpa drive the host home?

Could a tulpa make out with your romantic partner without you knowing? Has anyone allowed their tulpa to make out with their partner at a party? I mean like when switched.

What if your tulpa has a crush on someone you don't like and flirts during the party? Eek!

What if your tulpa is more popular, funny and interesting than you are? *gasp* What if your friends like your tulpa more than they like you?

If someone invites me and my host to the party, what would I wear (what would my form wear) and how would they even know I am looking super adorable cute for the party?

What if my host embarrasses me or I embarrass him? By say, I dunno, possessing him and kissing a drunk biker? (I don't possess... this is a hypothetical and yesh, I do like bikers. I don't know why really.)

Does anyone have any tulpas at parties stories to tell? It's okay to embarrass yourself by being honest. This is strictly for research purposes.

2. Drakaina

Drakaina Dragon Kitty Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Tulpa party research is best research. :3

I think this depends on the level of separation the two have achieved. It's possible to avoid it if the host and tulpa can block each other, but for me at least, Isa would be a major "cheater cheater pumpkin eater" (as she puts it).

This one probably falls on if the host is looking for it or not. I'm regularly amazed by my ability to not see things that are physically in front of my face, and then find other things because I'm looking for it.

I don't know about tulpa, but in theory a headmate could switch into the body and function like a fresh person. I'm basing this on cased of DID wherein individuals have unique allergies or other physical conditions. Because of alcohol being in your blood though this is just something I wouldn't risk.

Assuming the tulpa can block the host when fronting they probably could do this without the host knowing...for a while at least. The host will eventually come back to the front and if the partner says anything about it the jig will be up. :P
    I think my relatively asexual nature has rubbed off on my tulpa, since she doesn't seem interested in romance.

Hypothetically, she would get a real talking to, and if the flirtee contacted me...well I already don't like them so it wouldn't be hard to be a jerk and pass it of as a nasty girl prank. ^^;

I actually fully expect this to happen, at least in some circles. I'm a loner anyway, I see maybe 3 people a week if my weekly rpg group doesn't cancel. I'm pretty confident my offline friends wouldn't like my tulpa more than me, and if they do then good for her....bad for my friends when I see them next. >:3

I'm imagining tulpamancers doing what furries do at cons and wearing badges of their tulpa and what they look like/are wearing.

Then you know you're really good friends. What friend doesn't embarrass the other for kicks once in a while, honestly?

No, and I probably won't in the foreseeable future. I don't exactly do parties. ^^;

Sake Loup likes this.
  3. Watcher

Watcher Somewhere Between Motivated and Cold

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him, They/Them
    This would probably fit better in Tulpamancy Discussion. Moviiing.

As for your questions, not a tulpa system, but we do share body control and occasionally party hard, so we might be able to offer some insight into how we approach social stuff.

• Never tried cheating at board games aside from faking ouija board stuff at a Halloween party, but we can notice things another system mate doesn't or remember things others have forgotten or don't care about, so it's possible, especially if it's something like Trivial Pursuit where the nerdier 'mates would do well or Cards Against Humanity where the funny guys can call the shots.
    • Alcohol is a fun one. Aramos has the highest alcohol tolerance out of anyone in the body so far, and can drink 3+ drinks and only get mildly buzzed, whereas 3 reliably gets me drunk, and 2 does it for Mel. I personally wouldn't trust Aramos to drive the system home, however, as even if he was the most clear headed in the body, the body's blood alcohol level would still be sky high, so legally that'd be a no-no. Plus, he's not the kind of guy who would risk endangering us and others like that, and why take that risk in the first place?
    • Making out: never tried it, wouldn't plan to unless our partner was aware of all of us, since consent is important and it goes against our system etiquette to begin with. Probably wouldn't happen if the presence of one system member's romantic partner triggered the person dating them to front.
    • Flirting: also something pre-negotiated to avoid in-system drama.
    • Liking them more: can confirm, Mel has proven himself cooler than me multiple times, I'm ok with it. Comparing me to him is like comparing God to Freddie Mercury. I mean, he's cool, but he's no Freddie Mercury.
    • What to wear: for us, depends on who's in front or who wants to have input. Mel is a diva and likes to dress well, but we've had instances where he's made us late to get togethers with friends we're out as a system to and then never fronted around them, so it's not always easy to work out.
    • Embarrassment: it happens. Mel has spilled some stuff about me while drunk, and vice versa. Usually I'm around to catch him and we sort it out later--even when drunk, while he can be chatty he's not the most impulsive (Marty seems to win when it comes to that one) so the most we've had are minor slip ups. Those of us who've done major things can lose fronting privileges for a while, or indefinitely depending on just how bad the thing was, like getting into fights or something.
    Aaand that about covers it. Aside from interesting stories. Well, for one, we came out to our friend group at the aforementioned Halloween party when plurality came up. Iirc we didn't even bring it up ourselves, it just kinda happened, and went over well. Anyway, sorry if this is nonsensical or something, body's hopped up on NyQuil at the moment and the bed is calling my name.

Drakaina likes this.
  4. Melian

System/Host:
    Mistgod
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    @Arcana and @Drakaina

I loved your responses! Drakaina, I love the furry idea to wear badges with pictures and names! That is awesomesauce! Davie would have to have a bag of them, in case I decided to change outfits or hair styles in the middle of everything. You never know when a fashion change will be necessary.

Arcana, that is interesting that alcohol affects each of the peeps in your system differently. I like what you said about ethics and prior consent. That all makes a lot of sense.

I have never fronted really, but I have done what plurals call "surfacing." I have very briefly influenced Davie's physical reactions and actions with my emotions. I have said some things and jumped and danced and squealed. I hugged and kissed someone once who was very sad at a funeral. That was the biggest and strongest moment of surfacing and happened in 1995. The surfacing is always driven by very strong emotions and is a sudden impulse and surprises both my host and I. It is not planned and is always brief.

Yesh, I am an imaginary friend, a day dream star, a role playing character (what we call a channeled persona) and more than that. I am all of those things but I have traits of a soulbond, traits of a tulpa, traits of daemon and traits of an alter. We have never been able to put me in any one of those boxes. I love the song "Everything at Once" by Lenka, cause I am sorta everything at once. When it comes to thoughtform plurals, I am an enigma. You can see why I was fighting with the tulpas on Tulpa Info so much (it is the land of tulpa exclusivity and or temple tulpa).

I like parties by the way.

5. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Violet, member of Tri] I have some experiences in these matters, actually. Given that my subsystem controls the body a lot, and even did so more than 50% of the time for a few months.

Depends on memory sharing. For us, playing against each other is impossible due to our memory sharing of all body memories (inside is another story).

Depends on whether they switch or not. Possession and eclipsing are more common. Though, if the host goes completely dormant, it might as well be a blackout switch if deep enough.

All members of the body are affected and intoxicated. That said, different members can be affected differently. We have seen this in other systems in person.

Yes, that can happen. My system and my partner system have made out in a variety of ways. We try to keep the intense stuff between partners, but accidents have happened. When we had our New Year's party together, we got almost everyone jammed up in the front in both systems and had a system kiss.

Never done that, but I know for a fact that tulpas and hosts can have different tastes in people. So this must happen.

We've had this happen. My subsystem looks a lot more serious and intimidating than Hail, but Hail is often considered by many to be annoying. So, we tend to have people prefer her at first and then us later when they don't know we are separate people (of course, they can't explain our changes and just think we are moody). Seriously, my subsystem members and I have the look of "touch me and you will die", though we are very gentle.

Whoever is controlling the body ultimately decides, though many discuss what to wear. Us, we don't discuss. Whoever is fronting chooses and it is good. Hail and our tastes are different enough to cause each other problems. Neither of us has any problem wearing anything the other chose.

It happens. Worst is when it is at work (trust me).

Not been to too many parties, really. A work party and a barbecue here and there. Not really had any interesting stories. Perhaps the most interesting is that we did not have a party for our wedding - none at all. We did celebrate by having a nice dinner the day of (for my subsystem and my partner) and the day before (Hail and her partner), but no party. My day's dinner sadly did not go so well. Restaurant got the time mixed up on our reservation and so was only able to put us in a suboptimum place and the fact that it was a larger table than we needed meant that other guests coming in when it was busy wanted us to share the table with them or give it up. One person even got kind of nasty with us, either that or had a really warped sense of humor - hard to tell since we couldn't speak his language. We grabbed our dinner knife and hid it under our hand and prepared for the worst, just in case. Luckily, no further confrontation happened. We were comparable sizes physically, but he was twice our age. Male, but he would not have been prepared for us. We would likely have won the fight, but we are glad we didn't have to find out and risk anyone getting hurt.

Melian likes this.
  6. Sake Loup

Sake Loup Member Soulbonding System Is a soulbonder

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Wait you mean against eachother? Or like playing with other people?
    Personally for me and Alex, I think it depends. For instance, Alex can't front yet, and it's kind of weird because I can block him from knowing my thoughts, but I can't block him from sharing his thoughts with me. He can choose not to share his thoughts with me, but he can't block me from sharing my thoughts with him either. However since can keep his thoughts relatively private and all he needs me for is to carry out the action he wants to do, we can still play most games with other people this way and I think it's fair.

A good example would be that we plan to play Dungeons and Dragons with another system. I still have to type out what Alex wants his character to say and do, and I have to roll dice for him, but I don't have to know his stratagey or line of thought unless he shares it, which he usually does when we play PC games together, but he says he's confident he'll get used to keeping it to himself for the D&D game. So to me, personally, since we aren't sharing strategy or telling each other what we plan to do until the very last minute, I think it's completely fair.

As for playing a game against each other... ummmm I guess we COULD in theory but it would be much harder.

If Alex was cheating... I would never know it, he's a sneaky lil bastard and if he wants to ide something he will. He could be doing it right in fron of me and I still wouldn't catch on till it was too late. XD

Thattttttt is a good question. o3o Alex is a vampire so in his world alcohol doesn't affect him. However, since he'd be using my body and I'm only human, I'm sure there'd be a least some effect. Again, never actually had him front... and I don't really drink... so yeah I'm not really sure about this. XD

Nah, I'm really paranoid about letting Alex take control, so I wouldn't completely switch with him, and even if we do successfully have him front at some point, I still want to be present in mind to know what's going on. Of course... Alex and me share a boyfriend so even if he did do this I wouldn't really care because my mate is his mate too. XD

This I could see happening >.<; Unfortunately Alex is a HUGE flirt he loves to pay attention to the girls. It's just sort of in his nature, so even though I would object he would probly do it anyway weather he was trying to or not. He isn't the type to go for relationships though, aside from me and our boyfriend, so I doubt he'd start anything serious. I'd put him out on the couch though if he ever did something like that with someone I hated with a passion.

XD Hah! Too late for me! Alex is sexy, suave, charming, outgoing, a great talker, and just all around a much better people person (and by people person I mean lady's man because he usually hates other males) than I am. I have no doubt everyone would be more drawn to him than me. I don't mind though, I like being an introvert. XP

Alex usually wears pretty much the same basic thing, he likes to look good but he doesn't like to be fancy. And he knows he looks just fine in his usual sexy outfit, cool looking black jacket, semi tight T-shirt and jeans, some slick boots or tennis shoes, and nice spiked hair.

So since I'm an artist and I draw him a lot, it would be easy for me to just show someone a picture of him and they could get a good idea of what he looks like. XD

@Drakaina
    Omgggg I ADORE that idea!!! That needs to be a thing! Quick, everyone, make that a thing! XD We'll have one huge convention/party for all the thoughtforms!

Alex is a little shit... he probly wouldn't kiss a drunk biker but he might do something else stupid, like if someone dared him to strip he'd probly do that. >.>; He'd never do anything harmful though and if he knew I'd be deeply upset and not just embarrassed by it then I have confidence he wouldn't do that.

Sorry I don't go out to parties much, so sadly we don't have any actual stories to share. :c I just like speculating. XD

Melian likes this.
  7. Melian

System/Host:
    Mistgod
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I love all your answers everyone, this is a fun thread! Hee hee

Oh Alex, I am a big flirt too and I am a gurl, so...whenever yer in the mood to chat let me know buddy!

8. BlytheSpirit

BlytheSpirit New Member Tulpamancy System Is a tulpa

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Sorry, I don't have any party stories (yet!), but I wanted to say that this is the most adorable thing I've read in a long time, gosh!

9. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Breach] Oh. Thank you. We had nearly everyone there. Was only missing one person, S. the original who did front fully for the first time in years that night but not at that moment.