1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Spontaneous switching

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by will, Feb 25, 2017.

1. will

will New Member Tulpamancy System

Several days ago completely out of nowhere swift my tulpa said “move aside I want to switch” a few seconds later we switched, he wrote on a notepad to prove it. We could never use possession and it took three years before I could even hear him so progress has been slow. I just relaxed and felt a pulling. No thought went into movement or any plan it just happened. This was maintained for three hours and I felt my mind voice becoming distant after about two hours of constant talking in this state. I would like to know why this happened and while I am extremely happy it happened it just didn’t feel ‘right’. is it even possible for a tulpa to just somehow know how to do something like this? We have both tried almost every method we could find on the internet before and with no success we just gave up. Now we can do so at will and it just seems too good to be true so is this really switching?

2. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    [Architect] This is something we wrote about the meaning of "switch".
    Unless I'm misreading you, it's a switch in the first sense, but not the second, as you were still there. The tulpamancy community would probably label it possession instead.

It's not unheard of for possession to be learned quickly. Some tulpas have wiggled their hosts' arms out of the blue on week two. Switching, tulpamancy-community definition, tends to be the hard one. What I'm much more curious about is the fact that you two have tried possession before to no avail.

As for it coming easily, I can't say why. Reasons can range from some previous mental roadblock somehow lifting and all of those efforts at possession finally coming together, to... who knows. I personally think that a lot of possession guides make the matter far more complicated than it needs to be--the core of any changing of body control is ultimately focus and intent on the end of the person taking control, and letting go on the end of the person relinquishing it. All the symbolism and methodological dissociation are things to trick your brain into making it easier. Paradoxically, this causes a lot of people to think it's harder than it is, and those beliefs make it harder to focus or let go, or people get caught up in the fluff.

My main question to you and he is: are you happy with this arrangement? Now that you know that you can swap control, you may as well have a discussion about boundaries and house rules. Even if you get along well, there's some things that benefit from being explicitly laid out.

3. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Breach] In your introduction thread, you mentioned that Swift is 4-5 years old. While it is common (but not universal) for possession, switching, etc. to be difficult for young tulpas, older tulpas are more likely to be able to pull them off much more easily and sometimes the first time they try. And sometimes it is just random. Our youngest tulpa has been around less than a year and she was able to take full control of the body her first time (more than that, she outright yanked control from Tri who can normally yank control from anyone else in here). Our oldest really struggled in learning it.

4. will

will New Member Tulpamancy System

Ah my mistake for mislabelling the definitions, it seems definitely the first. We had a similar experience getting the basics of vocality down. I used to work as a trolley boy at a supermarket which requires very little mental concentration. so I would spend the entire day just talking to swift not expecting much of a reply other than head pressure until one day, poof. We had a faint vocalisation. Again with that we tried a lot of different methods but as it happened with no expectation it does worry me. The idea of some mental barrier being lifted sounds quite likely actually.

I think to a level its also comforting that if we did decide on increasing the ranks, it would be easier than the first time. Which makes the idea more appealing. Maybe its some kind of trickle down effect so that they inherit a degree of experiance from those that came before.

We are happy with the situation. I have conceded a hour of my time everyday for use of the body. We hope to see how far we can push it as well by long periods of possession so that I hopefully become more dissociated from the body.

Swift wanted to try one of my motorbikes today which in retrospect was probably not the best idea. No issues with it even if he did go faster than I would feel comfortable with myself (60-65MPH).