1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Soooo, Parroting

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Garrett & Lilly, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Garrett & Lilly

Garrett & Lilly New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Okay, so, I am new to having Lilly around. I don't really know if she's developed yet. I try to converse with her, but it feels like I'm parroting. I know that a lot of people say that subconscious parroting isn't possible, but at the same time, my brain likes to say, like literally say, I can hear it, things I don't want it to or don't mean it to, but they're my own thoughts. Plus, once, I asked Lilly, "Am I parroting?" and the response was, "Yes, you are." Yet I hear her in her own distinct mind voice. I thought "She might be teasing," but, I didn't get a sense of that. It's really weird, I guess I just want to know if I'm parroting or not, if I'm being paranoid, etc.

2. The Quandary

The Quandary Colors and Contrast Administrator Moderator Mixed-Origin System

It's not parroting, because parroting is by definition a conscious act. What they might be instead are intrusive thoughts.

It's easy from here to begin obsessing over what's an intrusive thought, what's actually Lilly, etc etc. Don't. That's a fast path down to doubt and mental hell for both of you. The more you worry over intrusive thoughts, the more prevalent they become, and the more you stifle your tulpa's communication. Accept that intrusive thoughts sometimes are a thing and that you probably will occasionally mistake Lilly for one or vice versa, but it isn't the end of the world. She can correct you if you make a mistake and you can figure it out.

We used to have major issues with intrusions, but at some point we decided that constantly doubting each other was far worse than occasionally making a mistake that could be corrected afterwards, and just decided to trust that people were saying what they were saying. Eventually, intrusions became less of an issue--they both became less frequent and easier to distinguish.

3. Garrett & Lilly

Garrett & Lilly New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    He/Him