1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Option to switch between accounts not appearing

Discussion in 'Site Technical Help & Feedback' started by Arro, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Arro

Arro New Member

System/Host:
    The Ensemble
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    We were gone from IO for a couple weeks, during which the site received a server change. Upon logging back in we discovered that the avatars for both the system account and my subaccount were gone, and started rectifying that. The only problem is that we've been unable to log into this account to change my avatar--in fact, the option to do so seems to have disappeared completely. Is this a problem that other people are experiencing? And is there any way to rectify this ourselves?

2. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    It's actually vanished on our end as well just now. I'll take a look in the settings, and if I can't find it, I'll ring up the server admins.

3. Falah

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    EDIT: Actually, looks like there's some weirdness going on. Time for debugging.

4. The Ensemble

The Ensemble New Member Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    They/Them
    Good to see it's not just me being my usual unobservant self, lol. Thanks for looking into it! -Sharu

5. Falah

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    Okay, it's fixed for real now. The plugin was updated recently and we had to check it for security holes. The good news is that we didn't find any--the bad news is that clicking on other people's subaccounts DOES bring up a "Login as User" link. Fortunately, that link doesn't work if it's not your subaccount (it takes you to an error page instead), but it's good to know it's there so we can, well, let people know it's there, and that it's nothing to worry about. Though damned if we're not going to try and get rid of it, regardless.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

6. Arro

Arro New Member

System/Host:
    The Ensemble
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    I see. Good luck trying to figure that out, and thank you for fixing the problem so quickly.