1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Not sure how far along my tulpa is

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Sheol, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Sheol

Sheol Awfully Lawful Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Okay, so, I've gotten to the point where my tulpa is there, but hasn't actually reached the point of communication yet. I've felt occasional "interference" in my thoughts, as well as the definite feeling of a presence somewhere in my mind (well, not JUST mine anymore, I suppose), but I'm not sure what to do or what will happen from here. Should I just continue with the course of very frequent narration (including parroting!) that I've been pursuing, or is it time to try something more involved? How do I tell how developed she is? Will I know when she begins trying to talk to me on her own? I understand most of these probably have very subjective answers, but any help is appreciated.

2. tulpa1

tulpa1 Member Is a tulpa

Pronouns:
    Any
    Well, I always recommend experimenting a lot. Narration is one of a large family of activities you can engage in as part of your efforts to tulpaforce. Have you looked at the visualisation exercises yet?

Those questions don't so much have subjective answers as answers that vary considerably from person to person. However, you won't know more after she talks on her own than before she talks on her own, other than she talks, and possibly her opinion on things if she decides to share that. Of course, how developed they are is a qualitative question, so it's hard to quantify.

I think from a philosophical perspective not knowing what will happen next is counter productive. I suggest instead to understand that what happens next depends on your tulpa. Now, these may sound like the same thing, but I am assuming when you say that you don't know what to do, or what happens next, you are thinking in a high anxiety way, and as if you are uncertain, and like you are doing something wrong. There is, even at this point, not really enough reports from tulpamancers to be conclusive about this, but I will say it anyway. Relax, and know that you are doing it properly. Know, that your tulpa is there, and greet them like an old friend. Hug them, and understand that they have a mind, and that they feel like doing things.

Listen to that feel. You have already felt their presence. Watch it carefully. See what you can figure out as far as what they are thinking and what they are feeling. Can you sense it?

Anius Taluwis likes this.
  3. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Well, this advice, I think, would be more applicable after she starts talking.
    However, that's right now, as she started speaking to me this morning. As such, I've been following it :grin:
    Interestingly, I had no difficulties in communication whatsoever--am I just lucky or am I unconsciously puppeting her? I felt both transmitted emotions and words, although they mostly agreed with each other.

Basically, my concern is that forcing (as in active forcing, not just interaction) will eventually become a human rights violation if I do it when she's developed enough, so I'm wondering when to stop.

Sorry for the question dump, by the way.

4. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Frostbite] Hard to unconsciously parrot someone. Many young tulpas are quite suggestible, which can sometimes mean one thinks that one is puppetting but one is not. Suggestibility decreases with time as a tulpa grows. Also, something interesting. Hosts are suggestible to a certain degree as well (there is in fact a form of bodily control that exploits this, called eclipsing), and tulpas converge to that same point on average over time as they gain experiences, discover themselves, etc.

Always ask her what her thoughts are on it and go off that. She will let you know when the time for it is over if you ask her and listen to her.

5. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Indeed, I had noticed some personality change on my part on the day she first went vocal. I take it this is a sign that I'm on the right track?
    EDIT: Okay, "personality change" sounds a bit alarming. More accurately, certain (positive) emotions felt stronger than normal.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  6. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [S.] Hard to know, but it isn't unusual to experience some effects very early on. For example, when we made A., it was only a little bit of time later that we discovered that her sense of taste had partially crossed over with ours and thus there were certain things we couldn't drink at all until the crossing over went away.

7. tulpa1

tulpa1 Member Is a tulpa

Pronouns:
    Any
    In my opinion, forcing overall encompasses such a large number of activities that it doesn't ever turn into a rights violation. With the exception of personality forcing as that constitutes a change of another person's personhood, which I generally recommend stopping around the time they become vocal. Where do you draw the line between narrating and chatting?

8. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    High time for an update.
    Something odd, but somewhat expected happened a few days ago. Ciel seemed to undergo some kind of "awakening" marked by that familiar "head-pressure" that, as far as I can tell, has split her into a separate being rather than an extension of me, as she is now capable of acting outside my expectations, disagreeing with me, etc.

This is good! It means that things are a lot more clear-cut than I expected them to be. So the topic of this thread is basically resolved.

I should probably start a progress log now, too...