1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Not exactly a beginner per se, but needing help!

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Ophelia, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I think that this is the best sub-forum for this thread - if not, I am really sorry!

Recently, I have re-discovered tulpas (I used to be interested in it but never got properly into it as I have now) and have been reading a lot about them - and by 'a lot' I mean literally spending all of my free time reading either this forum, /r/Tulpas, and various Tumblrs devoted to them.

I used to be really into daemonism - I had a daemon with whom I had an extremely strong bond with whom I met in 2009. Along the way there also came a shadow as well as a sort of personification of my mental well-being, who came and went repeatedly. However, after a few years, I was in a really bad mental and physical state which left me too exhausted to contact either my daemon or anyone else, and they faded in my mind. I haven't really spoken to any in a good few years and recently, after reading so much about tulpas (this combined with me feeling a lot better mentally and physically recently as well), I realized that I miss everything about them and that I would love to create a tulpa. However, I would like to know whether I could and should create my tulpa in the image of my daemon, or start completely anew? I am torn between wanting to contact my daemon again through somehow projecting him into a tulpa (I hope that this makes sense, it's the only way I can describe it!), and completely starting over, as I feel like I am a completely different person from who I was before and my mindscape has changed tremendously.

I hope that this makes sense! I would be grateful for any help and suggestions. Thank you!

2. Lark

Lark Spirit of Inspiration

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Hmm. My suggestion would be to contact your daemon again as you have done in the past. Focus upon re-establishing communication with them first. Then, when the two of you are communicating stably, I believe then you could ask them if they would like to become a tulpa.

Though, we are curious about the part involving "projecting into a tulpa". Why projecting? Is it because you feel that attempting to contact your daemon now would return a very different entity, because you have changed? And thus, the only way to contact the daemon-who-was is to use tulpamancy instead?

3. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] We aren't exactly daemon experts or anything, but from what we know of them, it should be possible to re-establish contact with your daemon. As they are a daemon and you have changed considerably, they will have changed too. If you see how they have changed and you talk with them again, it might be easier to decide together what path you two want to go on in the future.

4. Ophelia

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it.

Lark - I do not think that my daemon would have changed much, apart from perhaps becoming more mature in his demeanor, as I have matured a lot over the years. I want my daemon to become a tulpa because somehow I feel that it would be better and more beneficial for him to be a tulpa instead of a daemon - I know that it is a very vague description of how I feel, but this is the only way in which I can potentially describe it. I kind-of feel like I 'need' a tulpa, and it would feel slightly odd and unnatural for me to create a tulpa completely from scratch, as I would feel that I was neglecting my daemon, and I wouldn't want him to think that I became bored of him. I would feel his presence at the back of my mind and feel as if he felt hurt that I replaced him.

What I am thinking of doing is re-establishing a strong bond and connection with my daemon and asking him to become a tulpa. Is this a good idea, and will it work?

5. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    We think it's a great idea, actually. :) Do you need tips on how to contact him again?

6. Ophelia

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I have tried over the past few days, however, whenever I think of him or sitting down and having a long chat about everything my mind starts to feel hazy and I lose focus. Tips and advice would be great!

7. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    I'd recommend using a physical medium for this, then. Write out a letter on paper to him telling him what's been going on and that you'd like to talk again. Then make a copy mentally that's "addressed" to him and "send" it through a visualized mailbox. Old tip for getting back in touch with tulpas--should work for him as well.

8. Ophelia

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I will do that, then! Thank you so much for your help, it really means a lot.

9. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Hail] Daemons can become fully separate system-mates, which would be considered tulpas by most. It is essentially a shard-seeding method, where one breaks a shard off oneself and makes a system-mate out of it. Since a daemon is part of their damien, this is what is happening. A small controlled split, and then encouraging separate growth.

From what I understand, this can be done in much the same way that servitors can be turned into tulpas, by steadily pushing them a bit beyond their current boundaries.