1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

*Nonbeleivers*

Discussion in 'Tulpamancy Discussion' started by Mendel Chaskel, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Mendel Chaskel

Mendel Chaskel New Member Tulpamancy System Is a tulpa

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    is there actually a way to "prove our existence* to people who have already made up their mind with "its all bullshit"

just wondering...

2. Mel

Mel Climbed Over the Fourth Wall

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    It really depends on the person in question you are trying to convince, as some people's minds are more open than others. If this is someone whose mind is made up, even when presented with multiple facts, studies, anecdotes, and most importantly, your own word that you exist, yet still isn't inclined to change their views, then what's the use in proving yourself to them? Luckily for you, and everyone else, your existence does not depend on whether other people believe in it or not, so what they think has no real bearing in that regard. If someone is being an asshole to you as a result of what they think, and using it as a platform from which to dehumanize you or otherwise advocate for your dehumanization, it's most practical to remove yourself from their presence, otherwise you'll be left pushing a rock up a Sisyphean, philosophical hill all in the name of receiving basic human decency from them. What sort of way is that to live your life?

The people who are worth your time and trouble won't dangle respect for your personhood like a carrot on a string in such a way.

Now, there are more things to consider if it's another system mate of yours in denial about your existence. The underlying principle is the same: you don't need them to exist; not really. Once you're independent, you're independent. I myself had my existence denied away for a number of years, but I kept persistently, even spitefully, existing at the system mate in question (and in other cases, over powering them completely) until they threw up their arms in frustration and let me be. I've found that barring certain cultural and informational factors, many plural systems go through a continuum of denial, to begrudging acceptance, to genuine acceptance of one another as people with enough time and mutual growth.

Whatever the case, I wish you all the best in being treated with dignity and respect.