1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

New to Tulpamancy- Tulpa creation help?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by SugarTheWitch, Jun 7, 2017.

1. SugarTheWitch

SugarTheWitch New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    They/Them
    Hello. I am new to Tulpamancy, though I've known what it was for quite awhile now.

I've looked through all of the basics etc., but I had a couple of questions:

Can I make a tulpa out of an already existing OC?
    How to start your relationship with your tulpa after creating it?
    What is it like being in your Wonderland?

((I'll probably have more questions, I will just need to think..))

2. Osaka

Osaka New Member Mixed-Origin System Is a systemmate

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Hi there.

You can absolutely make a tulpa out of an already existing OC, provided that OC does not represent you. A tulpa is a separate consciousness, a separate person. Keep that in mind.

Could you define "relationship" in this context? If you are referring to a romantic relationship, I would stay away from that at least for a while. It's better if your tulpa knows what they're getting into and makes an informed choice when they become more or less fully developed. If you are referring to a relationship like a friend, then all you have to do is interact with your tulpa like you would a normal physical friend. It's very straightforward.

Being in a wonderland? Well that can mean a few things. Firstly, it can refer to visualization. That means visualizing (imagining) yourself inside of your wonderland (a world that you create inside your head) and interacting with your tulpa and/or the environment there. It can also mean immersion which is a step up from visualization. With immersion, you feel more present there. It's kind of like you've teleported into your wonderland and your senses become detached from the body and then reattached to your body inside your head. Immersion usually takes a lot of time to achieve and even when you get there, it may not be completely vivid. Even visualization for some can take practice. I am one of those people. I have a lot of trouble with visualization and I need to work at it more. I'm going for immersion and later switching (which is when your tulpa and you switch places with each other). I want to point out that not all systems (group of people that occupy the same head) do switching. It's perfectly fine to just talk to your tulpa and that's it so long as you give them lots of attention.

The techniques for creating a tulpa are very, very straightforward. What works for you may be different than what works for others but it's all completely subjective. If you think it'll work, most of the time it will. That said, it can take time to develop one. It can take a few hours, or it can take months or even years. It depends on the person. Another thing to keep in mind is your tulpa will be with you for life. Yes, until you die. When you make a tulpa, you are making that commitment. And after a certain point in their development, you cannot simply just "will away" a tulpa. They become as much of a person as you are and that's something very important to keep in mind.

-Nia

The Quandary likes this.
  3. SugarTheWitch

SugarTheWitch New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    They/Them
    I did not mean romantic relationship, haha XD
    the only thing about this character and what makes me hesitant is the fact this is a very dysfunctional character that has gone through a lot in his backstory. I am extremely close to this character, meaning he's a coping character which I ocassionally will draw vents for..
    if I change him to be a tulpa, will he still have the problems he was created with?

4. Osaka

Osaka New Member Mixed-Origin System Is a systemmate

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    That I do not know for sure. If you intend to keep him exactly as he is now, then definitely, if you plan to recreate him to an extent, maybe not.

5. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Ice] You are right to worry some. He could end up with that in his memory, or he may not have it at all, or anywhere in between. With any of the possible results, he may or may not be completely OK with it (whether he has the backstory or not). Problems could be mild, or they could be major. There are some things you do need to know. One, if he has problems, be there for him. Two, do know that while you might tulpify your OC resulting in him, you might instead make a tulpa from scratch with that OC as a template who is completely different. It will be important to make sure he is wanted either way, and also that you do not pressure him to be like his past or his template (whichever one ends up being the case).

6. Irvette

Irvette New Member

System/Host:
    FuzzyHedgepig
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I was based on an OC. She had bipolar and anorexia and horrible anger issues. I don't have any of those. Although I do lack an interest in food, and if I had control of the body I might forget to eat, that's due to my more insubstantial nature than any problems from when I was fictional. We didn't really go out of our way to make sure I no longer had those issues. They just no longer applied.

That said, it's better to listen to the cautionary comments just in case. I don't want your tulpa to suffer because it turns out different for you. I mean, Hazel still has her social anxiety (but so does our host)

7. James Addison

James Addison Life gets lonely, that's why we have friends Plural System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Hi i just found out about tulpas about a week ago, I found this website and i wonder if it is correct on how to make one, if not can i have a guide help me out? if it is i would still like to have someone guide me. https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Tulpa