1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Need a bit of help, not sure how to continue.

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by beginningtulpas, Jul 20, 2015.

1. beginningtulpas

beginningtulpas New Member Tulpamancy System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him, They/Them
    I meditated before hand tonight. I did it for how long I felt I needed to where I could focus and not get any thoughts. Then I began to force. I explained to Sydney that I want our wonderland to be her own, and I wanted her to take her own form of her choosing. So we were standing before the door leading to our wonderland. And when I said that I wanted her to take her own form, I noticed her hair color changed. I pointed it out, but I'm not sure if it was my thought or one of hers, because I didn't initially think about changing her hair. So then I tried to get in first person view, and take her hands through the door. At first it was incredibly hard for me to concentrate fully, and when we got through the door together, it was still incredibly hard and I don't think I focused enough. Anyways, I noticed that instead of me taking her hand and turning back around to face the door, with my arm and hand leading her through the door, I did it differently this time. I took both of my hands, in her hands and faced her and backed up through the door. When we got through, I noticed the back wall of our wonderland wasn't filled it. It was just completely black. And then I faced the front, and for a brief moment everything around us was black. I was confused. I asked what was happening. I think she told me that I wanted her to change it. I remember when it went all black, I don't recall seeing her anymore. But I think she is talking to me now. And after that I lost a lot of focus and I had to stop because I couldn't concentrate anymore. But I think she has a distinguishable voice now. Or mindvoice. It sounds like a girl to me, and it is different from mine. I never thought of a voice for her, where did it come from?

Also, I asked her to list her personality traits that I've given her. She said "I'm caring, loving, nice, funny, intelligent, and unique." All in that order I think. I swear to god I didn't think of that, I thought of it in a different order.

"THIS WAS ALL LAST NIGHT AT THE TIME OF POSTING"

2. Steven

Steven ∈ The Quandary ⊂ ℂ

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Sounds like the two of you are making progress! Keep it up--don't stop now, but keep talking to each other. :)

A big, big thing that'll help you both a lot is realizing that tulpas aren't as limited as a lot of people think. To quote someone on the subreddit, tulpas don't just conform to your expectations--they exceed them and set their own. They're capable of doing things on their own without your input and making their own changes to themselves. I think that's what's happening here. If you haven't already, you both should give this a read.

Was that your only question?

3. beginningtulpas

Pronouns:
    I'll give that a read. So I should tell her and acknowledge that tulpas aren't limited? I seem to only be able to talk to her when I'm "forcing". I don't want to be able only to talk to her then, I'm assuming at first glance thats what that guide is about? Also, I just had general questions of why it was so hard for me to focus and such last night. I even meditated before hand. Also, I just want your input on some of these.

What does this mean? Her hair was blonde, then changed to pink. And it kept reverting itself over and over again. Blonde to pink, blonde to pink.

What is your input on this section? I feel like I completely loss visual of her, and it was only me in the void.

Also, something I TOTALLY forgot to put in the original post, was that I remember this really odd thing happening. When I was struggling to imagine the door, it popped out of my head. I couldn't see it. And then it was like, I can't explain it, a split mind of mine, like it was coming from her imagining it for me and I could see it.

What do you think about all of this? Sorry for the lengthy read..

4. Mel

Mel Climbed Over the Fourth Wall

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    One important thing to understand is that, just because you share a head with your tulpa, it does not mean you will immediately understand every bit of her reasoning. As hair goes, it could be her trying to choose a form. As for the wonderland, she could have gotten tired, or losing track of her could have been a wonderland glitch, or any manner of explanations. Our guess is as good as yours in this area, and she will likely be able to explain herself just fine once you establish firmer communication. Keep doing what you're doing, and things will soon become clear.

So far as limitations go, you can tell her she is not limited, but she will more than likely understand that on her own so long as you do not treat her as though she is limited by yourself. Tulpas and non-original system mates are perfectly capable of reasoning for themselves once they reach full independence. If anything, assuming that she needs to be officially told she is not limited by you in order to be not limited works on the opposite principle. I hope this post made some things clear, best of luck to you.

5. beginningtulpas

Pronouns:
    Okay. I'm going to try a lot harder to focus on her then I did the last time. Thank you.