1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Naming Tulpas?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by LadyAllyria, May 23, 2016.

1. LadyAllyria

LadyAllyria Wants to be a host Unsure/Questioning

Pronouns:
    Any
    When a Tupla is created or born do they chose their own names or do they need to be named like the way one would name a new baby?
    I apologize if this is a repeat question but after looking around for a while I couldn't find another one like it in the forum.

2. Kid

Kid The Gardener

System/Host:
    ForestOfSouls
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Different people tend to do different things. With some of my system mates, I named them myself with their approval. Several of them have chosen to change their names later (Red being the primary one I can think of at the moment). Serif and I picked out his name together. Really it depends a great deal on the tulpa, the host, and what you're most comfortable with. It never hurts to have a placeholder name though, even if you plan on letting them choose a new name later, since it gives your tulpa something to be called.

LadyAllyria likes this.
  3. LadyAllyria

LadyAllyria Wants to be a host Unsure/Questioning

Pronouns:
    Any
    Thank you for that advice, it's really helped clear that up for me.

4. Pretty In Plural

Pretty In Plural Too Lazy To Swap Sub-Accounts Mixed-Origin System Is a host

Pronouns:
    They/Them
    I give placement names to everyone, then they may change it later. For example, our oldest used to be Jerome. When he decided to overhaul everything about himself, we went through the alphabet and circled his favorite letters. Then we went through a list of baby names to find one that sounded pleasing to him. He liked Vasska a lot, and so that was his name. Elliott's alternate name, Loremas, came to us randomly. Just a word made up in mind and it wouldn't go away. Ink picked his own name by choosing something meaningful - Rorschach. As in, the Rorschach inkblot test.

But I highly recommend placement names so that at least you can call them something. They can always choose to change it later and you can help with the process to feel more involved.

5. Drakaina

Drakaina Dragon Kitty Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Both. You can let a tulpa choose their own name, but in my opinion it seems like it would be pretty difficult to craft a person in your head without a name. You can name them yourself, like parents do kids, and they can change it when they "grow up" if they don't like it. :P

I want to say that you can get used to a name and see it as your own even if you don't pick it. Like my host did with her name. Her parents picked it, and she doesn't always like it, but it's hers. So if you pick a name, try to make it a good one. ^w^