1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Losing tulpa by not talking to it?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Dvilia, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Dvilia

Dvilia New Member Unsure/Questioning

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    I got a question that really bothers me and my tulpa, let me get straitght to the point: for example if we watching a movie together and we concentrate on it and he(tulpa) doesnt think and doesnt talk and I dont talk as well, we both in to the movie, Im not even concentrating on him(tulpa). Will it make him dissapear?

We just worried that if we stop concentrating on each other then something bad might happen like he(tulpa) might die or something, please someone tell me about this as it adds a lot of worries and we cant function properly coz we always talking to each other coz scared of losing each other.

He is over a month old.

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] A tulpa, even super young, will survive a few hours of not being thought about easily. When people warn that if you don't concentrate on a tulpa enough, they will fade away, the time intervals people are talking about are weeks, months, or years. Even then, some tulpas, left on their own for years can be brought back. That said, leaving a tulpa for a very long time can be rough for the tulpa. Your tulpa is a month old, so he should definitely be OK after a couple hours for a movie. And he might even still retain some awareness during it. Might be worth finding out. Something to work on even, so you can watch movies together and do other things.

3. Anko

Anko Plural System Is a systemmate

Pronouns:
    She/Her
  4. Dvilia

Dvilia New Member Unsure/Questioning

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    thanks for advice, FallFamily

An yes I am him, its just I wanted to get this information from different sources.

5. Drakaina

Drakaina Dragon Kitty Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    FallFamily hit the nail on the head.
    I'm of the belief that you don't even technically need active dialogue to maintain a tulpa's presence. It could be enough to just have them cross your mind and do a sort of little peek in, and remind yourself that they're there. Not necessarily holding a conversation or active attention for long periods of time. Tulpa feed on attention, and different people and different brains can provide that in different ways. :3