1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

I think I have a tulpa but not sure

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by winnter, Sep 24, 2017.

1. winnter

winnter New Member

Pronouns:
    Any
    I wanted to talk so someone who could tell me more or who has experience with this themselves.
    I have had imaginary friends for years now. I'm 32 my first friend was when I was 7 that I can remember. Her name was Sally. I used to play with her for days on end just being in my room playing and I remember my parents saying that it was wrong. So I kept it all in my head never taking out loud when others were around.
    Over time I have created different imaginary friends I'm a bit embarrassed about the origins like.... I created one off of a famous actor just imagining they were my friends and I was in their circle and you know I would make up places we would go all in my head. I have this house with waterfalls and a huge garden and a spiritual place we sit and meditate with a tree house nearby we can go into and talk and play music.

Anyway I never even heard of a tulpa until recently and o noticed that my friend Paul (imaginary) has taken a life of his own really he can be an adorable Sheba or wolf at times. He can also be just human most of the time he is.
    He talks to me in my head all the time. I see him too. I can't physically touch him although I imagine it and when I hug myself it feels like he is hugging me.
    He might be a tulpa but I'm not sure.... can anyone help me ? I don't want to offend him or anything although he knows what I'm thinking a lot of the time. I live with a friend a roommate who is real. When he is around Paul kind of just goes back into my head. And we talk there. Also he walks with me outside he sits with me on the bus. But I know it's in my head. I want to give him more life I just don't know how. Or if I already did and didn't know it?

Another thing I forgot to add is that random songs will pop into my head and I'll see Paul dancing around and I swear I never heard of the song before I have not heard it in a while. Just weird things i mean they feel alien sometimes my feelings but at the same time not... I'm sorry if I'm not explaining things better I am nervous and hope to get guidance and more answers. Thank you

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] Well, it does sound like he meets the definition, but it is best to let him make the call as to whether he prefers to call himself a tulpa, something else, or both. We technically meet the definitions for both tulpas and soulbonds and do use both, but we could legitimately use only one or the other (one of our headmates also meets both criteria but only uses soulbond). But at the end of the day, does it really matter whether Paul is a tulpa or something else. He is still there - an autonomous and self-aware person. Whatever category/ies he fits and doesn't fit doesn't change any of that.

Well, Paul is pretty alive now. What does he think about it all? Where do you each want to go, path wise, so to speak? There are many many many paths available for you two to walk.

Sounds like Paul made them (or remembers songs that you don't) and is imposing/projecting them himself. No cause for concern.