Help needed.Why is it bad to make a tulpa almost exactly the same as you?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by ghostkid, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ghostkid

ghostkid New Member Tulpamancy System

Help needed.Why is it bad to make a tulpa almost exactly the same as you?

I am asking this because if i make a tulpa almost exactly like me.Who else to understand me then a copy of me that only differs in a few ways?

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] Well, making a tulpa whose initial template is something akin to oneself isn't exactly bad. As long as one lets them diverge/deviate from the template naturally (and let oneself deviate/diverge from what one was at the time of making) with no expectations that they be one way or the other, most potential issues are mitigated. Now, there can be some additional challenges that can come with doing this, such as difficulty differentiating mindvoice at first and what not as well as potential blending. Do keep in mind, even if they woudn't deviate a bit, they may not understand you. People in general have a hard time understanding themselves, some more than others. Someone who is a copy at some point in the past could even have a harder time for a variety of reasons (similarity can make it harder to see some things, interestingly). And another thing to keep in mind, what would they think about their origin?

3. AGGuy

AGGuy Professional Pancake Multiple System Is a systemmate

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Well, just ask yourself if you would feel comfortable knowing you're an exact clone of someone minus a separate body, created for the purpose of... y'know. Being a clone.
    And if that makes you think "Well boyo, I sure as freck wouldn't enjoy that one, breh!", then you know why your headmate wouldn't enjoy it either.

Notions of concerns about detrimental psychological effects of being caught in the same brain with your own clone completely aside.

Greets,
    AG

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  4. Soulfiremage

Soulfiremage New Member Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Truth is, who on this earth actually knows themself, in depth, sufficiently well to even begin doing this at all?