1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

For how long is "Edit" available in a post?

Discussion in 'Site Technical Help & Feedback' started by Arjun, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Arjun

Arjun Member Multiple System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    All my posts has the "Edit" feature. Some forums have this set to a a few minutes or hours. I have noticed it is still active after days. For how long am I able to return and edit a post?

If it is available for infinite time, I am planning on using some posts in my progress log as documents that I will expand over time (a wonderland-post for example). I would then also include an index with links in the first post.

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [S.] It is for an infinite period of time at the present time.

3. Arjun

Arjun Member Multiple System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Thanks for the reply! Came to think of it that it is best to not rely on it too much, because of the dynamic nature of optimal forum settings.