1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Expanding Categories

Discussion in 'Site Technical Help & Feedback' started by Drakaina, May 8, 2016.

1. Drakaina

Drakaina Dragon Kitty Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    I'm not sure if the staff has given this any thought, but it might be nice to expand the categories in th Social sub-section. Progress Logs might be a better fit under the Discussion section since they are primarily tulpa related.

Off-Topic may become a bit cluttered, since right now any thread on technology, books/movies, even metaphysical topics would all go there. Like how Tulpamancy Discussion has spiritual and science sub-categories, some of these to break up and organize Off-Topic a little.

2. Watcher

Watcher Somewhere Between Motivated and Cold

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him, They/Them
    Thanks for the feedback. The main reason progress logs aren't under discussion is because they're largely personal things chronicling systems' experiences as opposed to discussion topics, and the social section is for more personal things. Does that make sense? We could update descriptions or rearrange some things if it's confusing too many members. We've also been thinking of de-cluttering Off Topic a bit and creating/rearranging sub categories there, so we'll see what works. It can be hard to strike a balance when it comes to the amount of sub-categories; too many gets confusing, but not enough gets too cluttered. I'll take it up with the rest of the staff and see what we can come up with.

3. Drakaina

Drakaina Dragon Kitty Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    That makes sense. It's one of those things that it could fit well in either, so I thought I'd bring it up. The reason it is where it is makes sense.

I don't think it's confusing, I just noticed the cluttered nature of the personal sections (particularly off-topic) and thought I'd throw out a suggestion.
    Definitely talk it over with your fellow staff, it's not so much an issue now I think as just my brain thinking ahead because of the wave of joining recently. ^^;

4. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    We just wanted to drop a note to say we've read this and appreciate the feedback. :) We'd actually been wondering if there would be demand for a fandom subforum for General Discussion, so this is helpful for us to hear.