1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Error in communication/Error in approaching Heaven

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Nate, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Nate

Nate New Member Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    So I have had my tulpa Heaven for around two months. She seems to be enjoying life, but we have hit a few bumps. First bump is that I am not able to hear her clearly more often than not, and have to ask her to repeat. Is there a set 'way/technique' for me to be able to hear her more clearly? Second, I have ADD, are there any recommended techniques for focusing/forcing with this mental disorder? Thirdly, will tulpas generally not mind if they are translated into a book character? I doubt this would go over well among most, but thought I would ask. :) Any other questions that you all have for me? That's it for now, I'll talk to ya'll later.

2. Irvette

Irvette New Member

System/Host:
    FuzzyHedgepig
    Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Translated into a book character as in you write a book about her or you base her on an already existing one? Either way, we suggest asking her. Asking is always helpful.

You'll be able to hear Heavan more clearly eventually. So far my host just practices talking and listening to be able to hear us more clearly. It's got better over time. But it's easier for them if they're typing/writing what we say. Not sure if that's a thing for others or just because it's their prefered medium for literally everything. It's the only way they can really focus, and it's the only way they can understand their generally very loud and crowded mind.

In general, probably anything that helps with slowing down your mind/clarifying things/calmness can probably be made tulpa-y and therefore used to help you understand her. We should use that advice now we've thought if it.

3. Nate

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    as in writing a book with a character based on her. :) @Irvette

4. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    [Architect] Have you tried writing down responses as they come and having her adjust them accordingly? Sometimes a physical medium can refine responses.

You don't have to sit down and devote a full hour to this, mind. It can be as simple as typing a few lines on your phone here and there. Our group generally doesn't have issues communicating anymore, but we still write to each other for the sake of record-keeping, chore distribution, etc. We have a Discord server to ourselves for this reason; others use diaries, to-do apps that allow for annotation, etc.

5. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Hail] Another possibility, if you can see inside better than hear her and she can move well is to communicate by a more visual means, like she could write on something in innerworld/wonderland or fingerspell and you be there to see it.

6. Nate

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Yes I have tried doing this...She writes in a cross between print & cursive. Don't know if I still have a picture of it or not.