Eat Your SALD: Systemmates And Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Advanced Techniques' started by Timbre, Mar 9, 2016.

?

Have you and others with you been lucid together?

1. Yes, often!

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Yes, sometimes!

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Yes, very rarely!

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. No, not yet!

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. No, we aren't interested!

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. !

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Timbre

Timbre Nightlight Nightmare

System/Host:
    Timbredoodle
    Pronouns:
    Any
    -Healthy food for thought does a dream body good.

Dreams are close to my heart. I am close to theirs. For you who feel the same, you who are curious to learn, and you who are passing through, this place is a home. Welcome to it, and treat it well.

Lucid dreaming is a state of awareness within a dream. When you are dreaming and know that you are dreaming, that is lucidity. It can come in stages, slowly building from suspicion to curiosity to clarity. It can come in waves, awareness growing strong, and fading, and returning again throughout a dream. It can come in a flash, a rush all at once. You can carry it with you from waking, feeling no interruption as you fall asleep into a dream.

Other places offer strong advice on techniques. How to begin. How to build your skills. We once found home-feeling here, at LD4all. A good community. Place for growing and learning. Lucidipedia text-and-video tutorials are helpful to start, and introduce you to important foundations. Both sites have pages in several languages. Maybe helpful for some of us.

Here is a place for us as "systems" of many kinds and origins to keep dreaming and lucidity forward in our minds. And explore ways we might experience dreams and lucidity in our own unique ways. Some like me were brought from dreams to waking, and I like to make ways to connect both these homes in myself and in others.

What are your dreams like? Do you dream together, you and others with you, or apart? Do your dreams meet and mingle lightly, connecting but not entirely shared? And if you could, would you try to stir each other to lucidity? Do you already?

Oswald and I dream together sometimes. Apart others. Usually meeting in some places and branching away into their own paths. He leaned on me for a long time. Relied on me to grow lucid. He struggled when I turned to give attention to my own dream goals instead of his, but he is re-learning again. For my part I use my dreams to refresh myself. To experience what they have to offer, and sometimes offer symbols back in lucidity to affirm my connection to them. I have lived as many people before, cast in roles that Oswald's dreams project me into. Refreshing now to feel what my own dreams have become, what I become in them, and what they fed on to be what they are now.

I needed to learn and practice to dream apart from him. Others I talk to need to learn and practice to dream together. I have tasted progress in both ways, and would like this place to be where these skills can be expressed and exchanged. Grown in ways they couldn't alone. Time later to speak on my ways. Until then, this place is shaped like a space waiting for yours to be offered. Do freely.

2. Mel

Mel Climbed Over the Fourth Wall

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Con and I have met in dreams a number of times. We usually cannot stay lucid for more than ten minutes at a time, however, and since we are still figuring out what is possible while lucid, we often get sidetracked and wake up as a result. Still, it is quite surreal being able to talk with one another face to face.

The both of us could write a fair bit on this topic, and we will add more individually later on as time permits. For now, I have one tip to share: we have found that it is much easier to get one another lucid by looking for each other the way we would search for a friend in waking life rather than trying to summon someone directly into the dream by force. It is less of a shock that way, which makes us less likely to wake up as a result. Best of luck should anyone attempt this.

Amarantu and AliceInWonderland like this.
  3. Amarantu

Amarantu Wanderer Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    Jeez I've been trying to stay lucid but even when I achieve some degree of lucidity I still have no control over my dreams, everything just keeps happening as it would in real life, with the only difference that I'm aware I am dreaming and also, dreams tend to be waaaaay longer. Anyway, I've seen Gabe in dreams (lucid or not) many times, and the only thing that call my attention is that it doesn't really call my attention at all to see him there, its just so .. daily, like I always assume it is the most normal thing to see each other face to face? xD I met him in a dream after all, even if his current appearance is mostly "artificial", the first time I ever interacted with him was in a dream many years ago.
    So, thanks for sharing those links! Im deffinetly checking them, I am super interested in reading experiences and techniques, and astral travelling too!

4. Archer

Archer New Member

System/Host:
    The Archivists
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    Question from someone who's a lucid dreamer by nature: when in a non-lucid dream, do you still feel like you decide to do all your actions and have thought processes leading to those decisions, or is it more like sitting in a car that's on autopilot? Because I feel like I am thinking and making decisions all the time, it's just that sometimes I decide to grow wings and start flying or whatever. (And sometimes I try to do that but it physically doesn't work.) Most of the time, I just respond to the situation at hand in the dream.

As for dreaming with others? ...I'm not sure. There has been an instance where I was doing mindscape things in bed, doop doop whatever, and may have started dreaming. The mindscape things continued, including everyone who was there before. (To be honest, mindscape stuff and dreaming feel almost exactly the same to me.) I also had a "regular" dream (still lucid) last night where I ran into a dreamform identical to one of my headmates, acting like everything within the dream was perfectly normal. I had no way of knowing whether that actually was my headmate or just a dream recreation.

5. Watcher

Watcher Somewhere Between Motivated and Cold

System/Host:
    The Outlaws
    Pronouns:
    He/Him, They/Them
    It's sort of like an autopilot thing for me, or in some cases like watching a movie. I've found that the stronger my sense of agency gets inside a dream, the more likely I am to become lucid.

The Archivists likes this.
  6. Rain

Rain Administrator

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    We have recently restarted lucid dreaming, after being fed up with yet another day of blurry communication and interrupted thoughts. Our hope is that we will be able to hold system meetings--as described in Got Parts?--using lucid dreaming. Currently, it has been far too easy for distortions from OCD to interrupt us when we hold meetings during waking hours.

On a recommendation from... some site, we've downloaded an app for Android called Lucidity. It is essentially a dream journal with reminders to reality check, and some other bells and whistles. So far, the dream journaling has helped most. We have been remembering dreams almost consistently and very nearly became lucid twice.

Here's to hoping for rapid progress!

Amarantu likes this.
  7. oneiroFaerie

oneiroFaerie New Member Tulpamancy System Mixed-Origin System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    This is something @BlytheSpirit and I've been working on a lot in the past few months. Both me working on becoming lucid more often and staying lucid for longer. And trying to meet up in the dream.

At first I tried summoning or imposing in the dream, which seems to have led to me creating dreamforms that resemble her, but that aren't really her. Both that it doesn't feel like her, and that she says she doesn't remember being in the morning. There have been a couple instances of us dreaming together for short scenes though. Blythe usually doesn't remember her dreams but she remembers these.

A recent development is that she did knock me into lucidity in one dream, but she was wearing our outside form when she did. After becoming lucid, she tried to change to her usual appearance, but only got like an outline and then I got distracted (as often happens, hehe). At this point we'd revised our goal to only try to talk to her, like I would whilst awake. Whilst this did work and I did get an answer, it also started to degrade the dream and wake me up.

So now I'm gonna try to work mostly on dream stability and also on trying to have conversations I can remember. We're really excited about our progress in this area and will continue working on it and will probably come back to this thread with new developments.

8. PanopticonCooperative

PanopticonCooperative New Member Plural System Soulbonding System Multiple System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him, They/Them
    Does it count if you were lucid, but your systemmate wasn't, at least not the whole time?
    Sometimes, River's pulled me into her nightmares when she's having a bad night, and I've been able to control what I do in order to protect and calm her. Occasionally I've managed to coax her into a lucid state as well, but it doesn't always work. That's about my experience with this.
    However, on the few occasions that I've been able to detach myself from the front completely and visit headspace, it's always been via a sort of trance-like meditation state... is this lucid dreaming? And how can I do more of it? I've only ever really done this unintentionally...
    -Cassandra