1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Creation Speed

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Serpentine Prince, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Serpentine Prince

Serpentine Prince Humanoid Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    I just started on my Tulpa on August 8th, and I don't know if the excitement is getting to me or I really am progressing as fast as I think I am.
    Today being August 11, I genuinely feel like I can already differentiate his mind voice from mine, as well as I am getting very close to visualizing him perfectly. I can see him whether in my mind's eye or if my eyes are open.

-​

What I'm getting at is, am I really this far in my creation or can this just be excitement?

Thank you!

Much Love,

Liam & Lux

2. Steven

Steven ∈ The Quandary ⊂ ℂ

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Hey there!

Keep in mind that you're far from the only one who's developed tulpas quickly. We're another group whose members either walked in instantaneously or otherwise were formed very quickly. Well, aside from the Chiaroscuro, but there's another story there, for another time.

It could be that you're already predispositioned to tulpa creation. Maybe you're a very creative individual--a writer, maybe?--and it's rubbing off. Maybe you had practice making imaginary friends in childhood? It could be all sorts of things. In any case, don't doubt your progress, and don't doubt Lux. If it's happening, it's happening, and you might as well enjoy the ride.

Also, hello Lux! It's very exciting having you here as well. I hope that you can find a lot of things that can interest you in this world, and that you'll make a lot of friends. :)

Congratulations to you both, and take care!

Serpentine Prince likes this.
  3. Serpentine Prince

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Thank you so much Steven!

I appreciate your replies very much, once again thank you very much for the reassurance!
    - Liam

Hello Steven!
    Thank you for helping Liam, he is very creative, he writes fictional stories and studies Web Design, so it makes sense.
    I hope we can get to know each other better!
    Talk to you soon!
    - Lux

4. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Breach] Tulpas develop at a wide range of speeds and their speed can even change in their lifetime.

Funny thing, despite my system already being plural with several members (not well differentiated, though), tons of experience with servitors, maladaptive daydreaming, creating many daydream characters who gained autonomy and became tulpas; when we set out to make A., she developed very slowly. There can be a random element to it.

5. Serpentine Prince

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Oh!
    Okay, thank you for explaining. I just didn't want to lose confidence in Lux or myself, because I know that would really mess with my progress.
    Much love,
    Liam.

6. Arjun

Arjun Member Multiple System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Hi! How is it going?

I took the time to reflect on this as I also started recently.

It becomes a question about how we determine what "far in development" is. To determine, we need a list of things that should be accomplish, and consequently; fulfilling many bullet points in a short period of time would be seen as having come far in a short time.

I believe some basic abilities and aspects of making and maintaining tulpas can be singled out, and used to measure progress, just like general abilities can be singled out and used to measure progress in sports and arts. If it is true also the art of making tulpas has some very general areas of mastery, we should be aware that some "students" will make rapid initial progress, just like in sports and arts, but initial rapid progress (often called "talent") will seldom, if ever, make up for all that is required to master the art. Often there are more subtle elements to be mastered, that usually can not be mastered by initial abilities alone, but requires consistent engagement, and persistence even when it is less exciting. A way to measure how far you have come, is to count for the things you you have learnt, but equally weight in a group of other aspects that most probably also need to be mastered. Even if I have come far in some aspects, I know there are other parts that will take time to master, and just the ability to be confident and even in "performance" will take time.

In my case I try to determine if the process is moving or not: Do I have a high amount of excitement, challenges and discoveries? If yes, then I am moving in relation to what is ideal for me. The important thing for me is that I am moving, and not so much how far I have come, even though it is fun and meaningful also to reflect on the own position along a given scale of developmental stages.

7. Arjun

Arjun Member Multiple System Is a host

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    I just happen to read an analysis I found trough google, written by, I believe, a graduate student. For the purpose of his analysis, he nicely summarizes parts of Magic and Mystery in Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel, and the following relates to creation speed:
    To connect to my previous post: one general ability determining creation speed of tulpas, then, suggestively, is; the ability of mental concentration. (I do not know about their specific practices of mental concentration, but my own choice, in my often spontaneous meditation, is to just concentrate single pointedly on the tulpa - its form, the sense of its presence or similar. Allowing the tulpa to assume beautiful forms and colors, also helps me keep the attention.)

The analysis is named On Tulpas - An Analysis of Imagined Others and can be found by this link (Scroll down, or click "Read paper" further down on the page).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016