1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Creating a 2D tulpa

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by darkfire, Dec 23, 2015.

1. darkfire

darkfire Guest

[Host]

I have 3 soulbonds already, but I was thinking about creating an actual tulpa soon. The easiest way for me to visualize him is in 2D...as an anime drawing. I know lots of people have tulpas that look like anime characters, but how would imposition work? Do I create them the same as I would a realistic looking tulpa?

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] From what we understand, 3-dimensionality can come later, whether it be in visualization and/or imposition. We were originally 2D before we became 3D over time.

3. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    I'd wager imposition would still be the same. The exact details would differ depending on what method you use, but I imagine you would impose their image like a cutout from an anime instead of building up realistic details and so forth.

As Tri said, there's also options to add 3D later. In particular, there's no shortage of 3D anime styles, from the stylized to the nearly realistic. Here's a few examples for you to consider...

[​IMG]
    (From Persona 5. Also looks the most like imposition, imo.)

[​IMG]
    (From Aura Kingdom)

[​IMG]
    (From Final Fantasy 14)

4. darkfire

darkfire Guest

[Host]
    Thank you for those. I'm still working on forcing the personality and have decided to just keep him formless for now. One of my old thoughtforms who I haven't worked with appeared in a dream to me and I don't know whether I should resume making him or just continue with my current one, so I have been a bit perplexed.

I'm thinking I will try imposing them as per the examples and then maybe build up to a more realistic form in the future.

5. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    This is slightly belated, but might I recommend asking him if you come across him again? It may be that he is all right as is and willing to wait in the wings for now.

In the meantime, I would say keep working with who you currently are. :)