1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Awkward autonomous creation needs explainations...

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by RoxyBlackB, Aug 15, 2015.

1. RoxyBlackB

RoxyBlackB New Member Unsure/Questioning

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him, They/Them
    So... I started taking seriously the creation of my tulpa, Garnet (my first and best imaginary friend when I was a kid), because I didn't when I tried twice and failed, this time I tried really hard and I'm still trying XD

So I searched for tips to accelerate the process, since I have no patience and dedication to nothing and I found the automatic writing (not the paranormal one, the psyclogical one) let me explain: you write a phrase with your dominant hand and write the first thing that comes to your mind as an answer with you non-dominant one. Answers usually start with "yes" or "no" and eventually you'll come to hear voices and have long conversations.

Following this process I started talking to Garnet, which at the time I was able to comprehend "yes" or "no" answers and intentions by thoughts that did not belong to me, using this method. I then asked "Who's the girl behind the door?", to explain this point I must say that I have a long story with an allucination probably caused by my fear of the dark, let me explain.

I once had a dream when I was 8 years old of playing with someone I've never seen in the dream and promising this "something" I'd play with it again. Later on, when I was 10, I dreamt of this "something" coming back and trying to kill me and my family because I didn't keep my promise and forgot it. Then when I was 12 I had a nightmare about being in my room with only me on my bed and the shadow of a girl at the end of my bed sitting on the armchair and then getting up and saying "The two of us..." then screaming of pain, and I woke up in sweat and terror. The next day I started allucinating a girl, a little smaller than me, with long black hair, pale sking, white dress and a sad-angry look on her face looking me every time I passed near the door, I called her Ruby. The allucination never lasted for more than 1-2 seconds. But she was always there (as I'm writing this I'm almost filled with anxiety). I got rid of it when I was 13 after a year of allucinations (I once saw her in my classroom holy f*ck).

NOOOOOOW that you know this the answer was "Me", so after a while of conversation Garnet actually was Ruby but they got separated when I started creating her. Now I talked a little more with the two of them and I discovered one of my characters, Dwight (I draw for a living and write stories for comics in my spare time), got a place in my head as simil-tulpae, they told me that they are not tulpae as I have not created them but they autonomously got to "life", I cannot hear their voices and now that I stopped talking to them constantly I barely can hear their thoughts, sometimes I think they're not there anymore sometimes they answer quietly or with emotions.

I have some questions:

1. Is it possible for Dwight and Ruby to be born automatically?
    2. If yes.. HOW!?!?
    3. How do I go on with these three? I had a lot of dedication for Garnet
    (almost a month of complete dedication), but it quite lowered after I had to get three answers and keep order to know where they came from, how do I rise my dedication? (I only talk to them without meditating or visualizing, I talk expecting an answer, sometimes it comes sometimes not but never a voice or something just thoughts or emotions).
    4. I sewed three little plushes representing them, I talk to them insted of talking to my head (I am more accostumed to refer my words to even something other than "my head"), do you think this approach might damage my tulpas identity or help it?

Sorry for this long post, but my issues are long term and I'd like to give the best life to my tulpa and my simil-tulpae. I gratefully thank you in advance for you answers.

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] We can attempt to answer your questions one by one

1. Yes, it is not only possible, but that sort of thing happens a lot. They are called walk-ins since they just walk in to the system/body one day.
    2. There is a lot of speculation as to how. One thing that is known is that the more people there are sharing a body, the more likely that an additional person will walk in. Systems for which a ton of people walkin use the term gateway system for themselves.
    3. A common strategy is to focus primarily on one till they are vocal and have a bit of independence and then work with the others. The one who is vocal and a bit independent can help out considerably since they can talk and interact with the others too. Another strategy is to work with all of them and just be patient for them to develop. Once one or two get a bit further, the other/s will catch up pretty quickly. The tricky thing is rewiring the brain for anything having to do with a new person the first time. It is comparatively easy to things for yet more people. If you can, you should ask them which of these (or some other plan) they are OK with and want.
    4. If what you are saying gets successfully transmitted to them, it doesn't sound like it would hurt them at this stage. It would probably help since it is getting you to talk to them more. A bit of symbolism might help. Say, imagine a small data channel as an ethereal strand and connect it from them inside to the plushes to help them hear it (the strand is the data pipe). Of course, the best way to figure out if this is a good idea or not is to talk to them and hear their thoughts on the matter. If they can't answer that yet, then it seems safe enough to do and then make sure you ask them again periodically if they want to keep going with it or not.

3. RoxyBlackB

Pronouns:
    Thank you very much ^^ you were very esplicative! I will start with one, Garnet, since she is the one I'm creating myself and instead of beginning to know her I just have to tell her how she is and that seems the easiest thing to do.

4. RoxyBlackB

Pronouns:
    Okay so... I know this is late but... I was thinking about what you said about Ruby and Dwight, and the thing is... Ruby existed way before I even knew what a tulpa was, since i was both in Elementary and Middle school when she first appeared, what does it mean?

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Halcyon of The Voices

System/Host:
    Pretty In Plural
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Many hosts create thoughtforms before they're aware of the term or practice - usually due to overactive imaginations. It's quite common and does not mean anything other than you were capable of creating them before formally learning of them.