1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

Any advice on imagining the scale/depth/size of your tulpa?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Xela, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Not sure if the title is accurate to my question, but I'll try to explain what I mean.

I've been trying to get Griffin's "size" worked out in my brain but I'm finding it really difficult. Basically as I force her, I try to imagine her having the presence of any other person. I'm not trying to literally feel her, but if I close my eyes I'm trying to get to the point where I can say, "Yep, there's someone next to me."

My problem is I'm finding it hard to get the scale of Griffin down. What I mean is, if I'm trying to imagine her sitting in front of me, I can't tell how big she would be based on how far from me she's sitting. If she's next to me in another way, I try to imagine her as a few inches taller than me, but then I'm not sure if I'm getting, say, the size of her torso correct without making her giant or tiny.

I apologize if this question makes little sense. I have poor depth perception as it is because of my eyesight, and while I've "learned" it for physical things, I find it hard to apply to my imagination.

2. Max

Max Grasping at Clouds

System/Host:
    Peregrine Pack
    Pronouns:
    He/Him
    I struggled with a similar thing for a long time. I think that a sure-fire way to practice this type of visualization is by studying physical people who are similar heights! It's especially easy if you happen to be the same height as your tulpa, because then you know that you should always be eye-level.

For visualizing a tulpa significantly taller or shorter than yourself, this site is helpful: http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html
    Think about how your tulpa's height compares to your height.. For example, I'm 5'6" and Leon is 6'1". This height comparison site shows me that my eyes are about at the level of Leon's chin.

Sometimes I meet people in my outerworld life and notice, 'Hey, my eyes come up to about that guy's chin. That means he's Leon's height... But Leon's shoulders are wider than that,' etc., and in that way I can mentally alter an existing body image and construct an accurately scaled image of my tulpa. And then I hold onto that image for dear life because I know these images are something I struggle with remembering xD
    I hope this helps!!

3. Xela

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Thanks so much, Griffin and I really appreciate this! We looked up the character profile of the form she has, and she's much taller than I thought...she's listed as 5' 8"! I'm tiny in comparison (I'm 5' 0"...maybe 5' 1" if the person who is measuring me rounds up out of politeness xD).

So according to the nifty site you shared, my eyes come to about her shoulder level. xD

/I mean...it's not like it's set in stone...I could shrink down a bit.../

But you really don't want to, do you?

/...not really.../

Can't say I blame ya. ^^;

Anyway, thanks again, Max! =D Think this will definitely help. ^^

4. Falah

Falah aka the Chiaroscuro

System/Host:
    The Quandary
    Pronouns:
    They/Them
    In addition to what Max said, you might want to consider making marks (with tape if you don't want to damage anything) at Griffin's height along the walls or doorways near where you usually hang out. I did that during my internship at a lab a year ago, with Lark, so his presence would take on the right "shape" as he kept me company while I worked.

Good luck!

5. Xela

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    Thanks, Falah! I like this idea a lot, I think I have some painter's tape somewhere that I could mark her height with! =)