1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

About wonderlands...

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Sheol, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Sheol

Sheol Awfully Lawful Tulpamancy System Is a host

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    So, let me provide some information. I've been fortunate enough to be able to skip wonderland creation for the time being. Ever since she became independent of me, Ciel's had a wonderland. I can see it. I know exactly what it looks like.

I just can't get in.
    So, how do I do that? Is there any way to fully enter (that is, losing awareness of the outerworld) without switching or lucid dreaming? And if not, how do I "mostly" enter? I realize there have been guides on this, but I find them unclear.

2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] Are you able to perceive it in any way with any sense at all, or do you only know what it looks like due to memory leakage from Ciel or something like that. If it is the latter, you might need to find the wonderland first. If the former (Ciel might be able to help you with this), then it is a matter of increasing your immersion with the senses that you can sense things there with. With immersion, it is possible to immerse quite deeply while still staying somewhat connected to outerworld. It is also possible to fully enter and lose connection with body, though if no one else takes control, the body is just a husk basically with whatever autopilot, if any, it has until you get back or are pulled back. The immersion in this case works very much like trying to switch, just, there doesn't have to be someone else taking control of the body. Do be careful if you do this. After all, in such a state, you wouldn't be able to respond to any emergency situations effectively. Immersion, in many ways, boils down to ignoring sensory input from outside and trying to concentrate on sensory input from inside. It can help a lot to reduce the sensory load from outside by making things constant (close your eyes, go someplace quiet, stay away from strong smells, etc.).

3. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    After some further attempts, I've determined that I'm able to see the wonderland clearly and move around my "camera" within it freely, so first one. The pr0blem is that immersion is quite difficult when I can only use one sense in the wonderland.

4. Ciel

Ciel Imaginative Friend Tulpamancy System Is a tulpa

Pronouns:
    She/Her
    And as for me helping out my host with this, how exactly would I do that? I don't really have the "mental muscles" I'd need for that. Can any systemmates who've helped their hosts immerse before help me out here?

5. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Frostbite] Do you have a body there, or are you just have access to a free floating "camera"? If you have a body there, it might help to try to work on your sense of your innerworld body map a bit and then trying to add other senses might be a bit easier. Touch might be doable by taking a limb and touching another part of your body while you are watching it and trying to feel it. It is something that would need some repetition.

There are more than a few ways, most of which don't require much "mental muscle". You can sense things there but Sheol can only see there. But you can communicate and do things there. You can do things that would generate sensory stimulus for Sheol's innerworld body and tell them what they should be sensing if they could. This can help them get attached what their innerworld body is sensing. For example, you might get objects with distinct scents and put them one at a time under Sheol's innerworld nose while telling them what the scent is each time. Or talk to them out loud in the innerworld while also telling them what you are saying by other means. Also, it might work that (assuming Sheol would be OK with this and their innerworld body can take it without them getting hurt), you might be able to shake Sheol a bit to get them to come to their senses inside.

Now this is something for both of you. Associating inside is much like associating outside. Pretty much any trick that will ground/associate someone in one place will work for the other. Look up grounding techniques if you are not familiar with them, and try them inside.

6. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    I've just tried it.
    Turns out, I can dissociate very easily despite not having an innerworld body, and I'm much closer to entering the wonderland.
    I simply position my "camera" in front of Ciel, and she speaks to me, as according to her this "camera" does have a manifestation in the innerworld. This leads to extremely fast dissociation, and I think if I keep it up for a prolonged period I can easily enter.
    Will update when I try that.

7. Sheol

Pronouns:
    She/Her, He/Him
    Well, I've been able to half-manifest in the wonderland, getting faint glimpses of it through my sight, and Ciel reports she saw an equally faint image of me in front of her. Is the route from here just practice?

8. FallFamily

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Frostbite] Yes. Much of it is practice. Another part is tuning. Over time, you will figure out what works and doesn't work and tune. And you might get very far along on one sense but really struggle with another and have to work very hard and get creative on the hard ones.