1. Due to hosting difficulties, difficulty maintaining the forum, time issues, etc.; some time later than a week from now (June 9, 2018) but within the next month, this site will be changing adminstrators from us (Fall Family) to the Quandary and moved, and the forum either migrated to other software or ended. If the forum is ended, static versions of the guides and other resources will be preserved. For more information, see Upcoming Administration Change and Possible End of Forum.

A little worried about creation speed?

Discussion in 'Beginner and Creation Help' started by Oliver, May 16, 2016.

1. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Pronouns:
    He/Him
    Hello! So I'm a very very new tulpamancer, I've been officially forcing for under a month (though I suspect I was doing something akin to forcing for much longer before that unintentionally, but I digress), and I'm a bit confused/worried about the speed at which my tulpa is coming along. In the first couple days of forcing my tulpa (who I've decided to call Orb for the time being, seeing as they have currently chosen to be a large floating granite orb) was pretty responsive, surprisingly so. No verbal responses but I got emotional responses from them to of a lot of things, and sometimes it felt like they were echoing my words back at me, in lieu of speaking on their own.
    It's been a couple weeks since and they feel... More distant? Then when I started. I have been forcing a bit less than I should but even when I do Orb seems sluggish and hard to reach, kind of like I'm puppeting (as much as one could I suppose when they don't even have limbs or facial expressions) but not really. Like its not me doing things but it's not Orb either.
    *shrug* I don't know. It's probably just part of the process or something but it would be nice to have the point of view of someone more experienced.

AliceInWonderland likes this.
  2. FallFamily

FallFamily Forum Goddesses Administrator Moderator Plural System Mixed-Origin System

Pronouns:
    She/Her, They/Them
    [Tri] Speeds vary considerably. Also, sometimes it can feel like progress is being lost and/or progress is actually being lost. That is common. In our system, this happened with E, who appeared to lose a lot of development at one point, but in the end, it turned out that she was just completely rewriting herself and had to start a few things over because of it which took a while.